Overview of Our Unbiased Air Quality Assessments
Our air quality testing services are unbiased meaning that we do not offer remediation or sanitizing services so there is no conflict of interest when you choose us to assess your environment. This service can save you money as we zero-in on the essentials only and do not enlarge the scope of work for profit. Our assessments include a written report with testing summaries and prioritized solutions if work is needed to improve the air quality.
Comprehensive Outline of our Services – Methodology and Report.
Goal: To determine the indoor environmental air quality status (in regards to ambient and surface contamination such as mold/bacteria/yeast, particulate constituents, chemical off-gassing, relative humidity) and to develop a remediation protocol if deemed necessary to improve the air quality.
Our services include a written inspection report provided in a timely fashion that analyzes all the data we collect and includes our recommendations for precise mold remediation protocols for the professional remediation specialists to follow as a guideline.
Procedures: To measure and analyze indoor air quality with multiple parameters in order to establish thorough and effective mold sanitization and/or mold remediation protocols. Our recommendations are in accordance with standards established by NORMI™ (National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors) and the IICRC/ANSI Document S520 which have proven to be successful in substantially improving indoor air quality in residential and commercial buildings throughout the United States.
- Step I: Assessment Interview – We listen to your concerns and pay careful attention to your observations and knowledge of your property’s history. The information we gather from you regarding areas of your property that have experienced water damage/excess humidity/poor ventilation as well as areas where a family member or employee is experiencing symptoms of unknown origin help us in our overall assessment.
- Step II: Visual Inspection – This is a critical part of the overall assessment process as we take our time, carefully looking closely for tell-tale signs of water damage and possible mold growth throughout the living quarters, attic, basement and/or crawlspaces. Our average time onsite is typically 1 – 4 hours depending on the amount of areas that display poor indoor air quality.
- Step III: Sample Analysis – This will be conducted by reputable and experienced scientists at accredited environmental laboratories with AIHA (American Industrial Hygiene Association).
- Step IV: Inspection Report – This includes formulation of various Protocols for Sanitization or Remediation if necessary to improve the air quality after careful consideration of data collected during the visual inspection combined with laboratory sample test results.Our unbiased assessments may very well reduce the overall costs in treating mold.
Depending on the severity of the air quality issues that we uncover, our prioritized recommendations that we provide you with will equip the remediation specialists with details on how to improve the air quality. These vary from the least expensive and intrusive (air purification/ filtration/ dehumidification/ ventilation) to duct cleaning, to Sanitization which includes cleaning surfaces with biocide (wiping/fogging) and hepa vacuuming, and ultimately to the more expensive and intrusive full-blown Remediation where mold saturated building materials (drywall, carpet/pad, ceiling tiles, bath tub/shower stalls) must be removed under containment. After the wall cavities are exposed, the bare surfaces are then sanitized before the rebuild.
It is always critical to repair the cause of the water damage so that future problems do not recur after mitigation.
To summarize our Inspection Report, it will explain in layman’s terms what the results tell us about your air quality and specific details for how to solve the problems that were uncovered.
- Step V: Compare Remediation Quotes – This service will help you make educated choices and not get stuck with inferior work where industry standards are not followed. This can lead not only to frustration but also a home that is in worse condition than before due to cross contamination of airborne pollutants.This service also ensures that those who have prepared your remediation quotes have used our report to focus on the areas we specified that need to be remediated and/or sanitized. Your home is your largest investment. Protect it and your purse.
- Step VI: Post-Remediation Clearance Testing – Lab Tests Don’t Lie! We provide an unbiased assessment conducted within 24-48 hours after completion of Remediation by the company of your choice. This assures you that the mold treatment was effective. If remediation was successful, you will receive a certificate of Sanitization stating that your home is safe microbiologically which is important prior to rebuild.If our visual clearance inspection and/or microbiological samples demonstrate that the remediation was not effective, then the remediation specialists will repeat their sanitization services or expand the scope if necessary.
Once the clearance tests confirm effective remediation, the surfaces can then be sealed and the rebuild may begin. Clearance testing is optional but highly recommended using Purely Green Environmental, an independent third-party firm with no conflict of interest with the remediation company.