A recent study published in the journal Occupational & Environmental Medicine explored how using household bleach as a cleaning agent may be doing more harm than good. This is especially true when it comes to the health and well-being of young children. The study examined that children exposed to bleach regularly may have an increased risk of illness than those who were not. While bleach may be a long used disinfectant, it should never be used for mold remediation in NH, or any location for that matter. A trusted professional should be contacted to handle all household mold issues, and the staff at Purely Green can help guide you to the most appropriate decision with a proper mold inspection.
The study was conducted by the Centre for Environment and Health located in Belgium. Researchers studied 9,100 children ages six to 12 years old in the countries of Finland, Spain, and the Netherlands. These children were regularly exposed to bleach used for cleaning either in the home or school environment at least once a week.
The results? Children exposed to bleach had a 20 percent increased risk for contracting the flu, 35 percent increased risk for tonsillitis, and an 18 percent higher risk of reoccurring infections than those who were not exposed to bleach in the home or at school.
The thought is that bleach exposure may harm the lining of the lungs, which in children is still developing, and increases the chances of illness or infections. While bleach may still be an effective disinfectant, it should always be used safely, properly, and as directed. As far as mold remediation in NH or MA is concerned, trust the job to a professional. Purely Green Environmental can inspect your current mold problem, help choose the best course of action and compare company quotes before the job is done.
For a comprehensive mold inspection prior to mold remediation in NH or MA, contact Purely Green Environmental at 603-886-0345 or 888-291-3773.